Hamby Road Animal Hospital located in Alpharetta, GA is seeking to hire an experienced Associate Veterinarian to join our practice! Do you desire to work in a place where healthy interpersonal relationships make coming to work something you look forward to? Are you looking for a position that allows you to have fun while you’re at work and enough time away from work to have quality time with your family and friends?
Hamby Road Animal Hospital is a full service veterinary hospital providing complete medical, surgical, dental, and boarding care for our community. Our hospital also boasts a full service theriogenology practice with 2 board certified theriogenologists on staff who work with some of the top breeders in the country. Our veterinarians are regularly out of the office by 5:45 pm on weekdays, have a 2-hour block in the middle of the day, and only work every other Saturday. After hours’ emergencies are taken care of by our local emergency clinic that serves as an internal medicine and surgery referral center by day. We will consider someone who is looking for Part time or Full time. A well rounded general practitioner who enjoys client education has the ability to build a client base quickly as we have a loyal, compliant clientele who are grateful to be offered top quality medicine and care. We place a high value on healthy culture within our hospital and take great pride in a low tolerance for drama. We want to work hard (with some great laughs along the way) so we can play hard afterwards with the people in our lives that matter most.
Hamby Road Animal Hospital was established in 1998 with a focus to provide professional compassionate care paired with superior customer service. We want our clients to feel the personal touch that all people yearn for, particularly when it comes to the pets that are part of their families. Hamby Road has a tenured, compassionate staff that treats one another and clients like family, while providing a full range of progressive veterinary services in a community north of Atlanta known for great school systems and incredible parks and recreation departments. We are a short drive away from big city life in Atlanta, and beautiful Lake Lanier and mountains just to the north. We pride ourselves on practicing a high level of medicine and personally connecting with our clients which has created our devoted client base.
We are a 5 doctor practice that offers state-of-the-art medical care. We provide our patients with quality medicine through complete whole-life services:
• Preventative care
• General medicine
• Soft tissue surgery
• Reproductive surgery
• Fully equipped surgical suite including digital radiographs
• Full in house laboratory as well as outside reference lab availability
• Advance pain management including therapeutic K-laser
• Large Boarding, Daycare, and Grooming facility
• Very close relationships with local specialty hospital for advanced diagnostics, surgery, and 24
hour emergency care
• Paperless veterinary software, records, and files
• 5 exam rooms
For more hospital information, please view our website at www.hambyroad.com.
An ideal candidate should have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a veterinarian. Strong communication skills are desired, along with the ability to connect and develop healthy relationships with patients and team members alike. A passion for providing high levels of clinical care in the exam room as well as in the surgical suite is essential.
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
• Licensure in good standing to practice in Georgia
• Perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver
the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
• Develop continuity of care and trust by communicating effectively with clients and providing a
high level of care leading to high client retention
• Collaborate and assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the
highest quality care and exceptional client service
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept upto-
date through established protocols
• Stay current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine
• Present a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public
Hamby Road Animal Hospital is located in the affluent north Atlanta suburb of Alpharetta (Forsyth County), conveniently located between activity- and event-rich Atlanta city life and the beautiful north Georgia mountains. Forsyth County is consistently ranked as one of the fasted growing counties in the nation, with tax rates among the lowest in the metro Atlanta area, an award winning parks and recreation department and nationally recognized schools and teachers. Lake Lanier is a beautiful lake that provides incredible opportunities for boating, fishing, kayaking, camping, and more.
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
• Competitive compensation
• Health, dental, vision
• Annual CE funds, DEA, and licensure
• and other industry perks
Internal Number: 2408
About Hamby Road Animal Hospital
To improve the comfort and well-being of pets by providing progressive and compassionate care. We develop a community of animal hospitals and pet resorts that share knowledge to achieve sustainable growth.