Full-Time Veterinarian for Nestle Purina Petcare in St Joseph, MO
Nestle Purina PetCare, PTC
May 18, 2018
St Joseph, Missouri
Type & Experience Level:
Consultant - One to seven years
DVM or equivalent
Responsible for daily operation within Veterinary Clinic and Veterinary health program of our pets. Plan, organize and perform all necessary veterinary procedures to insure the health and wellbeing of the pets and procedures as required in nutrition research protocols.
1. Perform all necessary veterinary procedures to insure the health and wellbeing of the pets
2. Knowledge of and compliance with the Animal Welfare Act and all procedures and protocols in the Nestle R&D PetCare Manual
3. Responsible for maintenance of all health records as required by the record retention policy and the Animal Welfare Act
4. Assist with coordination and organization of the work for the Veterinary Service Group
5. Ensure Compliance with Company policies and procedures by group members
6. Perform procedures as required under nutritional research protocols
7. Conduct all activity in compliance with generally accepted veterinary practice, Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and all required Company policies and procedures
8. Maintain a safe, clean and sanitary work environment
9. Maintain vaccination & other prophylactic programs for the pets
10. Provide clinical diagnostics and treatment regimes for sick animals; ensure documentation thereof
11. Perform necropsies on all expired pets
12. Provide health reports (certificates) for all in-coming and out-going pets
13. Assist with the breeding programs of the pets
14. Maintain proper control and documentation of all regulated veterinary drugs
15. Provide additional training to Vet staff and PetCare staff as required for appropriate pet care
16. Maintain veterinary equipment in working order
17. Advise Nestle Purina global PetCare Facilities on relevant veterinary issues as needed
18. Travel as necessary
· Keep current and certified in veterinary field
· On call and after hours veterinary support for timely response
· Contribute to nutritional research protocols as required
· Establish & maintain working relationship with Relief Veterinarian(s)
· Communication of veterinary health issues with other Nestlé Purina R&D Centers
· Additional duties as assigned
SUPERVISION GIVEN AND RECEIVED:
· Technical supervision of the Veterinary Interns, Technicians and Veterinary Assistants
· Functional supervision of staff on pet healthcare matters
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
· DVM degree
· Valid veterinary license for the State of Missouri or able to obtain the license
· Excellent animal handling skills
· Good management, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Computer literacy.
· Good organizational skills
· A minimum of 1 years of experience.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
· Experience in a research environment
· Prefer a minimum of four years of experience
Internal Number: 18003640
About Nestle Purina PetCare, PTC
In December 2001 Nestlé’s Pet Care Division, merged with Ralston Purina to form Nestlé Purina, which is part of Nestlé S.A. of Vevey, Switzerland. To some, Nestlé may be best known for its chocolate and Ralston for its pet food, which may make this seem like an odd pairing. However, what many people may not know is that Nestlé has a rich history in pet care, boasting such brands as Friskies®, Fancy Feast®, Mighty Dog® and Alpo®. Combining these brands along with Purina’s strong heritage in pet care, including products such as Dog Chow®, Cat Chow®, Purina One®, ProPlan®, Tidy Cat® and Beggin’® created Nestlé Purina, a market leader in the pet care industry.
Nestlé Purina’s parent company Nestlé S.A. is a world leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness company. The company’s mission of "Good Food, Good Life" is to provide consumers with the best tasting, most nutritious choices in a wide range of food and beverage categories and eating occasions, from morning to night. Nestlé S.A.’s business includes the following categories: baby foods, bottled water, cereals, chocolate and confectionary, coffee, culinary, chilled and frozen food, dairy, drinks, food service, health care nutriti...on, ice cream, pet care, sports nutrition and weight management.
Nestlé Purina is the number one U.S. pet care company in sales, volume and market share and, as of December 2010, had achieved five consecutive years of improved market share growth and 17 consecutive years of revenue growth.
We are dedicated to improving the lives of cats and dogs through quality nutrition and care. Our core philosophies include promoting responsible pet care, humane education, community involvement, and the positive bond between people and their pets.