Work with a great team, see exciting cases, and use great equipment! Our beautiful 15,000 sq foot GP, ER, and Special Interest practice has 3 ultrasounds, endoscopy, ventilator (surgical and critical care ventilator), blood bank, full ICU with 24-hour care, 3 surgical suites, and a collaborative doctor team. Incredible support staff, including multiple specialty-certified RVTs and RECOVER-trained techs, to assist with your patients and the overnight ICU patients. Full in-house lab, radiology, and pharmacy depts open late.
Great schedule allowing for ample personal time: 2 consecutive weeks: Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon 7pm-7am
Additional day or swing shifts (open to discussion on days and times) can be added for full time position.
Prefer 3-5 years experience or 1 year internship
Amazing colleagues to transfer the cases you stabilized overnight to for continued care
Multiple doctors on each day collaborating and supporting each other in case management. You overlap three hours with these doctors so you feel 100% part of the team!
Amazingly talented and motivated staff including several VTSs to help you manage your cases
Twelve hour shifts and you don't have to stay for additional rounds! Our ICU will round the day docs so you can go home!
Work only nights or for a full schedule work 4 day shifts (which days are super flexible) a month along with your nights.
Time not filled in with surgery or appointments can be used for learning and honing skills!
Comp days when holidays fall on your days off. We observe 7 holidays a year and you only work one day or night shift! The team covers the rest of those nights and you get comp days time paid for them!
Portion of unused sick time and vacation rolls over each year (but we encourage you to use your sick time!)
Work on salary, not commission, so you know exactly what you are taking home each month and can work collaboratively with your colleagues instead of competing against them
Fantastic veterinary service benefits for all those furry family members in your life. Extends to pets of immediate family too!
Great health benefits (HSA, PPO, HMO, HMO Limited-Health Net & Kaiser), dental, vision, accident, long term disability, FSA & 401k benefits
$3300 for CE each year and up to 4 days paid
Access to online journal database
Support for professional organization memberships
Free financial planning advice to help you afford that car, house or pay off your loans in the smartest way possible
Concierge service through our Employee Assistance Program to help find places to rent and even child care options that fit your work schedule
Free counseling appointments when life throws you curveballs and you need a little advice
Salary Range $105,000.00 - $140,000.00/year based on experience, skill level, teamwork, unique skills, and schedule (only nights vs full time with some days). Willing to discuss further if you are more experienced than the average candidate.
We are looking for 3-5 years of hospital experience or those with 1 year experience in a strong internship.
We also look for the following qualities:
1. A person who is passionate about veterinary medicine
2. Previous experience managing multiple cases simultaneously and efficiently.
3. Practices high level, evidence-based veterinary medicine.
4. Diligently manages cases through to resolution using all available resources and ideas including input from other veterinarians and staff members when appropriate.
5. Continually works to improve and grow as a veterinarian including improving quality and speed of treatment as well as growing as a practice leader, coach, and catalyst for improving the operation and results of the entire hospital.
6. Effectively deals with a fast-paced environment and remains calm and positive in the face of pressure.
7. An effective coach who can help others improve their skills and abilities.
8. A problem solver who can work with others to find solutions to unexpected challenges.
9. Maintains a positive, upbeat attitude and serves as a role model who is fully engaged and committed to providing phenomenal client service and high quality animal care.
10. Makes effective, well-informed decisions that are in the best interest of the pets, the hospital, and the staff.
Additional Salary Information: Salary Range $105,000.00 - $140,000.00/year based on experience, skill level, teamwork, unique skills, and schedule (only nights vs full time with some days). Willing to discuss further if you are more experienced than the average candidate.